My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Married to Christine (22 years) and proud father of three children, Alyce,Emily & Nathan. Not as active as I'd like to be, back surgery last year has resulted in my physical life style to be somewhat compromised. I Love having a drink or two with my mates, especially in the Summer months when we take it in turns to hover over the BBQ.

<>

Monday, November 27, 2006

Blown Away





Wow! Two posts in the same week

Our house was battered in the last storm ( upto 160 Km winds) that raged through Melbourne. We lost 12 metres (37ft) of our back fence and about the same off the side fence.

The wind came out of nowhere, there was an almighty crash and when I rushed outside I could see sections of the fence missing. It happenned after midnight so I must admit I shrugged my shoulders and called Ruby (our dog) to make sure she was ok. She had decided to get herself aquainted with our neighbour's dog & pet rabbit. I managed to stop her from having an early breakfast (lucky rabbit).

Colin & Matt came over to help me to put the fence back up. They did a fantastic job, we finished with plenty of time to stand back with a frothy (Jim Beam for Matt) and admire our handy work.

11 Comments:

Blogger Cazz said...

Hey Bro,

WOW.. made a bit of a mess, luckily you got good mates .. and no doubt Jo was there to offer help with the replanting of the garden !!

Tried stopping the pics to look at the new backyard blitz, but alas, couldnt make it all out. Take a few snaps for me PLEASE.

Take care, and love to all
Cazz
xxooxx

11:51 pm  
Blogger Peter said...

I see you relented and had "bloody Colin" back gaz, wise move!!

12:27 am  
Blogger Gwen said...

Hi Gazz.
Some wind that hit glad that all is ok.[I thought your Mum was goog]
Say hi to Chris and kids will see you all at xmas all being well.xx

12:09 pm  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Hi Gary
Gees that's a strong wind! hope there was know other damage?. Looks a mess Is the new shed still standing.Poor Ruby would have got a big fright also.and im sure she would love fresh bunny for supper.Talk to u soon love to all. Mumxxxxxxxxx

2:43 pm  
Blogger matt said...

next time you want us to come over for a drink dont push the fence over lol.. matt

9:14 pm  
Blogger Jo said...

When Col came home after being at your place, well i wont say the word he used.
I described it as a few pailings fallen off, not the whole damn fence.. omg
I should have been there to help with the re-structure of the fence might not have ever fallen down with my input. (lolol)

10:26 am  
Blogger Drew's Desk said...

Great Pictures, It's good to see Colin and Matt helped you had to have someone to supervise.......lol

12:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard something about the fence when I spoke to Chris for 5 hours on the phone the other night.
Cheers
Donna

11:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a mess. Although I did hear something about the fence when I spoke to Chris for 5 hours on the phone the other night.
:)
Donna

11:05 am  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Gary ~~ Sorry you copped that storm damage. Lucky it was just the fence and
the house and family all OK. Gald you had help to repair the fence.
Thanks for your cmments, I liked the Irish joke too. Take care, Merle.

1:04 am  
Blogger Marcus said...

I'm a bit of a Melbourne Storm supporter actually Gazz!

2:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home