My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Married to Christine (22 years) and proud father of three children, Alyce,Emily & Nathan. Not as active as I'd like to be, back surgery last year has resulted in my physical life style to be somewhat compromised. I Love having a drink or two with my mates, especially in the Summer months when we take it in turns to hover over the BBQ.

<>

Friday, February 16, 2007

Lifting My Game

Thanks Peter, I needed a kick in the pants :-)

Firstly, I have a confirmed appointment at the Hospital on 19th Feb. for an MRI to investigate the new developements of pain related to my back injury. I will keep everybody posted on the results. As they say, watch this space.

And now for a little humour to cheer up your day:

The Dam

An elderly man in Queensland had owned a large property for several years.
He had a dam in the next paddock, fixed up nice - picnic tables,horse shoe courts, and some mango and avocado trees.
The dam was properly shaped and fixed up for swimming when it was built.
One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the dam, as he hadn't been there for a while, to look it over. He grabbed a five gallon bucket to bring back some fruit. As he neared the dam, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee. As he came closer he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his dam.

He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end. One of the women shouted to him, "We're not coming out until you leave!"The old man frowned, "I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the dam naked. Holding the bucket up he said, "I'm here to feed the crocodile.

"Moral: Old men might walk slow, but they can still think fast".

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

That elderly guy in Queensland wouldn't be anyone we know would it??

12:56 am  
Blogger Jeanette said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:49 pm  
Blogger Jeanette said...

Jeanette said...
Hi Gary. Call me when you get results of scan.
Good joke laughed at the old man. Take care love mumxxx

5:51 pm  
Blogger Cazz said...

Hey Bro,

Okay, I've been watching this space as requested.. keeping my fingers crossed and wishing you all the best... but NO NEWS .. I mean to say it is 6.45pm on the 19th, might have to ring you instead, cant be kept in the dark any longer!!!

6:51 pm  
Anonymous Tylerboy2 said...

This is a great topic. I agree with the above comment. I really appreciate the fact that you took the time out for us. It's pretty nice that you aren't recommending things unless you have attempted to make them work yourself at one point. Thanks for sharing.

Are you interested to know about learner permit practice test.

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home